Friday, January 23, 2009

Write my own script of a short play!

It is a big challenge for me to come out with my own script. I have to work on it. I need to choose the best idea to write the script. I never write script before and I'm not really confident in writing a script. The first draft of my script has done. I think there are a lot of things need to be improved. When I write the script, I notice that it is not easy to script. From the moment I want to start the work, I keep struggling to find an attractive idea as play's theme. I think about it almost 2 weeks to get the idea. Another challenge that I face is to come out with a good story. After I have the idea, I stuck with the story line. I don't know how to make it interesting. Should I put the sense of humor inside or should I write in tragic? Those questions lead me to think further. To get the answer, I watch a lot of movies and dramas as my research. It is hard to come out with my originality.

In addition, I have to think about the mood or tone of the story. It makes me realize that the play is not only about acting, the mood is needed as well. The mood will make the story alive. Then, I notice that the mood is significant in a play. So, I cannot ignore the mood of my play. Whatever it is, I will keep working on it. I will improve my script. I want to make it better.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wani,

    After reading your blog, I could not help but stop by to express my agreement on your comment about script writing. To tell the truth, I share the same miseries too, as it is also my first experience of writing a drama script.

    Writing a good drama script is indeed a great challenge, especially to first timers. Everyone can write a script once they know the format of writing it. However, to write a good quality script, which amuses the readers and leads them to read repeatedly without feeling bored is another story. I believe all writers, no matter amateurs or veterans are facing the same challenge too.

    Never give up, my friend! Wish you the best of luck in your script writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wani...
    I can't deny what you have said... writing script was really a tough task. Many things had to be considered, the styles of writing, the use of words, and there are lots of research have to be done before we create a story... My experience of writing my first script really makes me quite tensed... However I enjoyed the experience. huhu... And that will not only our challenge right? There are lots more to do to survive in this course. So, good luck!

    ReplyDelete