Thursday, April 2, 2009

Content-learning

I've learned a number of plays in EDU3217. Most of the play are good and useful for my study. The plays have different characteristics and there are also moral values in the plays. I admit that I have difficulties in reading those play especially King Lear and Streetcar Named Desire. King Lear is written in classic English so then I find it difficult to understand. Streetcar Named Desire is implicit and most of the things are implied in that play. I only understand the play after Dr. Edwin and Ms Kathoori discuss it class. I've learned that drama is totally different with other literary works.

I think simulated-teaching is one of important aspect that useful for my study. Simulated-teaching requires us as students to understand the play that we are going to teach. because of simulated-teaching, all of us study the play really hard. It's useful for us.

Well, when I read the the plays, I think I can interpret the content differently. Why? It's because those plays have their own issues even though they are in same type of drama which is tragedy. For example, The Swordfish, Then The Concubine by Kee Thuan Chye conveys different issues from King Lear and Oedipus Rex. It talks about human behaviour and politics. King Lear and Oedipus have similar theme which is the reversal of fortune.

If I were a teacher, I guess I would be adopt and adapt the skills that I've learned for my future lesson. I've learn how to interpret the texts or plays, so I think next time, I will do the same way. I'll ask my students to analyze the text by using the same way. That's very effective to study a play. =)

Well, I have a question. Is it appropriate if we read the summary of a play first before we read the play? Maybe I can change the style by reading the play first and then summarize it. And I do find some sources to help me study the play and I also need input from my lecturer and tutor to share the knowledge about drama.

Over all, I love to study drama =)

No comments:

Post a Comment